Saturday, May 15, 2010

Mother's Day

I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day! I know that I did!! Eric asked me what I wanted for Mother's Day and I said "To sleep in!!" and he gladly obliged. As soon as Lucas started to stir at 6:15 he jumped out of bed and ran to get Luke. Y'all I was able to sleep till....wait for it...8:45!!! It was heavenly!!! Now, if you had told me back in college that sleeping till 8:45 was considered sleeping in I would have laughed in your face, but since Little Man arrived this was welcomed!

When I woke up Eric started cooking me a Mother's Day breakfast of pancakes and bacon. It was fantastic! I also got a GPS from Lucas. I am SO EXCITED!! No more getting lost on those back roads in Tuscaloosa County.

We had gone to my mom's the night before to celebrate with her and my grandmothers. They all had a wonderful time playing with Lucas. It was somewhat weird to receive Mother's Day cards while over there. It still hits me sometimes that Wow! I am a MOM!!

Sunday we went to Eric's Mamaw's house to celebrate with her and his mother. Once again, Lucas was the hit of the party. It is so wonderful to have so much family - that are so healthy!

I will try not to get too sappy now. To be a mother is unlike any feeling that I can explain. I have heard it best that now I know what it is like to live with my heart outside of my body. It is so true! Nothing matters as much as Eric and Lucas. Other than God of course - I hope that goes without saying. These two are so precious in my life and I can't help but feeling like the most blessed person in the world that God has graced my life with these two precious boys. I feel like I lose the "Mother of the Year" award quite often. God is good though, and continues to grace us!

No comments:

Post a Comment