Sunday, June 27, 2010

Father's Day

We had a fun Father's Day weekend, but I am horrible and did not take any pictures!!

We went to my grandparent's house on Saturday and ate Dreamland BBQ, which is always wonderful. My grandparents had a house full with all the aunts, uncles, and cousins.

On Sunday we went to brunch at The Club - not to celebrate Father's Day - but to celebrate my Mimi's 90th birthday!! 90!!! She is amazing! This woman wakes up 3 mornings a week for water aerobics, volunteers at the Hoover Library, and still drives BY HERSELF to South Carolina to visit family. I want to be just like her when I grow up!

After brunch we went to Eric's parents to celebrate with his family and then to his grandparents to see Papaw. It is so nice to have so many fathers to celebrate with!

Let me brag on my husband for a minute...
He is an amazing father. He and Lucas a big buddies. Their faces light up when they see each other. He is very hands on. I never have to ask him to do a diaper change or feed Lucas. He loves to give Lucas a bath and they love to play together. I know that there are a lot of great fathers out there, but excuse me if I think that Lucas is the luckiest little boy in the world for having Eric as his Daddy. I have talked to other friends whose husbands do nothing to help with the children and I am so blessed to have a husband that WANTS to do these things!! Even with all of the training that Eric is doing for his Iron Man in November Lucas and I always come first. Have I mentioned that he is amazing?? Lucas and I are so blessed to have you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment