Monday, August 17, 2009

And we're back...

OK, I'm back. I have been such a good stalker for all these months that I decided to get back into the blogging world. I left because there was absolutely nothing for me to talk about and then a week after I deleted the blog we found out that we were pregnant. So as all you mothers out there know, there has been PLENTY to blog about with pregnancy, but for crying out loud I didn't have the time nor the energy!! With our little man due in less than 3 weeks (OH MY GOSH!!) I thought well I would start one up again so that I can keep a journal for our family and this is easier than writing with a pen and paper.

Let's see...a lot has happened in the past 9 months. We found out that we were pregnant a few days after Christmas. We were thrilled!! Those first few weeks though I was absolutely exhausted. It is a tired unlike anything I have known and it was all from doing absolutely NOTHING. Seriously, I would take a shower and have to rest because it wore me out. I didn't see Eric much those first couple of weeks because as soon as I stepped foot in the door from work I was on the couch asleep. I have called Eric my "good little house wife" because he did EVERYTHING-cooking, cleaning, running errands, etc. Now I know that there are a lot of husbands out there that do these things even when they don't have a pregnant wife at home, and Eric does too, but he did all of it for about 3 months (he will tell you it was much longer) with no help at all from me!

The second trimester brought back my energy thank goodness. I really cannot complain about my pregnancy because it has been wonderful. I was only sick a few times in the very beginning, but that was all. So sorry to my friends out there that were sick for 6-9 months of pregnancy.

I have entered the stage of being uncomfortable often especially when I am "sleeping". I use quotation marks because you can't really call what I do sleep since I am up at least every hour to either roll over or nature is calling (OK screaming) for me to answer. Since I am on my feet all day (which has been a very good thing during pregnancy) I have cankles that would make an elephant jealous by the time I get home.

Let me just say that there is no better feeling than to feel my son move. My grandfather put it in a really great way when he asked me if I had felt life yet. I love that! Yes, I have felt life and believe me he is full of life!! God has been so good to us!!

Our little man is supposed to arrive on September 4th. It gives a whole new meaning to Labor Day Weekend for me. We have named him Lucas Charles O'Neal. The Charles is from Eric's side as all the men in his family have the middle name Charles and we just really liked the name Lucas. Many have asked what we will call him and we will call him Luke/Lucas or LUCAS CHARLES O'NEAL through gritted teeth I am sure. That is just a brief update on my little man/pregnancy. In the next post I will share about all the other happenings from the past 9 months.

2 comments:

  1. SO glad you started your blog back up! We are so close in due dates, I wish mine was on the 4th:) I'll stick it out till the 16th I guess...
    Keep posting! Love the updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! So glad that I can keep up with you this way! Can't wait for sweet baby Lucas to get here! Life has been a little hectic, but I will call soon! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete